Contemplation of Sacred Name of Mohammad
(Tasawur Ism e Mohammad)
For the first time in history of Faqr, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is giving Ism-e-Mohammad sall Allahu alayhi wa’alihi wasallam for contemplation (tasawur) to his diciples. In fact, Mohammad ( محمد ) is the personal name of Holy Prophet just as Allah ( اَللّٰہُ ) is personal name of Allah. While, rest of their names are attributive names. That is why, the personal name ‘Mohammad’ is most related to his holy self. Furthermore, it encompasses all his attributes. Hence, contemplation of this name is most effective medium to get closer to him and consequently gain his marvellous beneficence.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman says;
- Sacred face of Holy Prophet was Ism-e-Allah Zaat and his sacred self was Ism-e-Mohammad for his Companions during his life. Now to have access to the court of Prophet, the only way is contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. However, its condition is that the seeker has received them from perfect spiritual guide whom the Holy Prophet has spiritually permitted to grant them to seekers of Allah. (The Mohammadan Reality)
Moreover, contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad has extremely pleasant and luminous effects on the esoteric self (batin) of the contemplator. Certainly, it makes the spiritual elevation of seeker of Allah faster and easier.
TEACHINGS OF SULTAN BAHOO ABOUT ISM-E-MOHAMMAD
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo rehmat-ul-Allah alayh says about contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad:
- Certainly, contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad reveals the reality of Divine knowledge. (Kaleed-e-Jannat)
- When a devotee contemplates Ism-e-Mohammad, no doubt, the Holy Prophet and his Companions come to him spiritually. Then, the Holy Prophet says to him “Hold my hands”. The very moment he holds the hands of Holy Prophet, his soul is instantly enlightened with the gnosis of Allah. (Kaleed-e-Jannat)
- When one contemplates Ism-e-Mohammad, he eventually relinquishes everything except Allah and sees Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) everywhere. Thus, he becomes humble and modest lover of Holy Prophet Mohammad and the beloved of Allah Almighty.(Aql-e-Baydar)
- Whoever accomplishes in contemplation of Ism-e- Mohammad, the Holy Prophet comes to him spiritually as soon as he starts contemplation. Thus, guides as well as educates him. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed)