Risala Roohi Sharif is the most significant book by the great sufi saint Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh. In Risala Roohi he explains the grandeur and attributes of the seven Sultan-ul-Faqr souls in these words:
“You must know (oh seeker of Allah) that when the unique resplendent light (Noor) of AHAD desired to come out of the curtained chamber of solitude and descend upon multiplicity, He graced (all the worlds) with the splendor and warmth of His pure and the perfect illuminous Beauty. Both the worlds burnt like a moth over His flaming Beauty. So He concealed Himself with the veil of “Meam” and manifested Himself as Ahmed (Sall’ Allahu Alayhi Wa’allihi Wasallam). Then he shook upon Himself seven times due to the abundance of Divine Passionate Will and with that seven purest souls of Fuqara, annihilated in Allah, subsistent with Allah for perpetuity, absorbed in the Divine Vision, complete essence of being without any flesh or body, submerged in the unfathomed ocean of Allah’s Beauty, appeared on the Divine Eternal Tree of pure transparent belief seventy thousand years before the birth of Adam Alayhi Salam. From the eternity-without-beginning till the eternity-without-end they had neither seen nor heard anything except the True Self Allah. They have always remained in the court of Magnificence as an everlasting sea of utter unity with Allah. Sometimes their celestial selves endeavored for glorification and purigation and sometimes they were a drop in the Ocean and sometimes an Ocean in a drop. They are graced with the blessed cover of (when Faqr is perfectly attained, He is Allah Himself). Thus they have eternal life and are honored with the crown of (Faqr demands nothing from Allah or from anyone other than He). They are neither aware of the birth of Adam Alayhi Salam nor about the occurrence of the Doomsday. They have surpassed the status of all the Awliya, Ghaus and Qutab. It is true to call them Allah and it is also justified if you call them Men of Allah. The one who found this secret only knows this fact. They are stationed in the sanctuary of magnificence, they never asked for anything from Allah except His ownself, they never cast even a glance at this worthless world, heavens or luxuries of the Hearafter. The refulgent luster of the Divine Self, which left Hazrat Musa Alayhi Salam perplexed and the mount of Sinai burnt into ashes, is cast upon them seventy thousand times every moment and within a blink of eye, yet neither they object nor they sigh, instead they demand for more, saying (is there any more!). They are the Sultan ul Faqr and the Lords of both the worlds”.
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh reveals the names of these seven purest souls:
“One is the soul of the supreme woman of Doomsday Hazrat Fatima ul-Zahra Razi Allahu Ta’ala Anha. Second is the purest soul of Hazrat Khawaja Hassan Basri Razi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu. Third is the soul of our Spiritual Mentor (Shaikh), the ture Divine self, absolute celestial light and the perfect manifestation of Eternal Reality Hazrat Syed Mohiyud-din Abdul Qadir Jillani Razi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu. Fourth is the Sultan of Divine light, secret of Eternal Being Hazrat Pir Abdul Razzaq (Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh) son of Hazrat Pir Dastgeer (Razi Allahu Anhu). Fifth is the soul of the fountain head of the sight of Divine self, secret of the secretes of the eternal Being, annihilated in Hoo Faqir Bahoo (Qudus Allah Sir’ru-Hoo) and there are two other pure souls of Awliya (who are yet to come to this world). Both the worlds owe stability to the dignity of their auspiciousness. Unless these two souls come out of the House of Oneness with Allah and appear in this world of diversity, Doomsday will not occur. One glance of these souls is the absolute light of Divinity and the alchemy of honour. On whom so ever it is cast, transforms him into ultimate Divine light. They do not require to engage their disciples into superficial prayers and lengthy supplications”.
- Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh has revealed the names of five Sultan-ul-Faqr souls but kept the remaining two in secret, who were yet to come to the world when Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh wrote Risala Roohi Sharif. One of these pure souls has blessed the world with its appearance and many seekers of Allah have gained Gnosis of Allah through this blessed soul in the present age. His name is Sultan-ul-Faqr (Sixth) Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh. He was born on Friday 14th August 1947 (27th Ramadan-1366 H) and died on Friday 26th December 2003 (2nd Ziqa’ad 1424 H). His status of Sultan-ul-Faqr was revealed by Allah to many of his disciples in dream. His great spiritual powers and presence of all the attributes of Sultan-ul-Faqr which Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh has mentioned in Risala Roohi Sharif is also a proof that he was stationed at the highest status of Sultan-ul-Faqr.
- The marvel of these seven souls is that they are created directly from Noor-e-Mohammadi Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam and are the perfect manifestation of his honoured self i.e. Haqeeqat-e-Mohammadia. These pure souls have never been separated from Noor-e-Mohammad from eternity-without-beginning till eternity-without-end, hence were accompanying the Holy Prophet Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam on the night of his accession to Allah (Shab-e-Meraj) and thus found Meraj in the celestial companionship of the Holy Prophet. They had the Glorious Vision of Allah and found His propinquity (Qurb) just as Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam did.
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh states the marvel of Sultan-ul-Faqr in his books other than Risala Roohi Sharif in these words:
- The Assembly of Sultan-ul-Faqr is an ocean of Oneness of Allah Almighty. Whoever reached the bank of this ocean is united with Allah forever. (Mohkim-ul-Fuqara)
- The origin of Sultan-ul-Faqr is the Divine light of faith and its extremity is the Divine resplendent light (Noor) of Rehman. (Qurb-e-Deedar)
- The celestial light of Sultan-ul-Faqr is brighter than the sun and its fragrance is more pleasant than the fragrance of musk, rose and ambergris. A person who has the privilege of seeing Sultan-ul-Faqr in dream becomes indifferent to everything. The Holy Prophet Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam takes oath of allegiance from him esoterically and blesses him with esoteric education and persuasion. This fact is just in accordance with my own experience. (Qaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
To read about the Grandeur and Marvels of Sultan-ul-Faqr, Please Visit