Sultan ul Faqr 6th
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali
SULTAN UL FAQR SOULS:
In Risala Roohi Sharif, the Divine masterpiece of Sultan Bahoo, he reveals about the 7 sacred Sultan ul Faqr souls without naming the last two Sultan ul Faqr 6th and 7th:
“Furthermore, two among them are the souls of other Saints. The stability of both the worlds owes to their favour. Unless these two souls manifest in the world of diversity coming out of abode of Oneness, doomsday will not occur. Their sight is absolute light of Oneness and the alchemy of honour. On whosoever the reflection of their hidden reality casts, his being transforms into absolute light. They do not need to engage their disciples in the struggle of superficial daily recitals and mystic exercises”. (RISALA ROOHI SHARIF)
SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH:
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali adorns the status of Sultan ul Faqr 6th. It was given to him in the Mohammadan Assembly. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali is the descendant of Sultan Bahoo and hence, Ali ibn Abi Talib. He was the son Sultan Abdul Aziz who was also his Murshid. His father Abdul Aziz was the son of Fateh Mohammad son of Sultan Ghulam Rasool son of Sultan Ghulam Meeran son of Sultan Wali Mohammad son of Sultan Noor Mohammad son of Sultan Mohammad Husayn son of Sultan Wali Mohammad the son of Sultan Bahoo. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was born to Mehmooda Begum in Samundari, Garh Maharaja, District Jhang, Pakistan on Friday, August 14, 1947 (Ramadan 27, 1366 Hijri).
CHILDHOOD AND EDUCATION OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali exuded Divine light since childhood. He was sensible and stood out due to his beauty and grace. He was the most loved child of his family lovingly called Chan (meaning the moon) by his father. He studied in his town Grh Maharaja till midexams which he passed from Islamia School Jhang. When he was 16 years of age, he matriculated from Naushehra, Soon Valley, District Khushab. It was during this time, that he gained spiritual knowledge through his father from Ain ul Faqr and Shams ul Arifeen, two of Sultan Bahoo’s mystic books. He earned his livelihood through a construction company in Kamalia for some time but soon devoted his life in service of his Murshid. His Murshid also loved him dearly the way Prophet Jacob loved Prophet Jospeh.
SERVICES OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
He successfully executed all tasks designated his Murshid. He performed services in his court with utter devotion. For few years, he took the responsibility to prepare meals and tea for his Murshid. Moreover, He educated himself regarding horses and took charge of the horses of his Murshid. He prepared, served langar (food for all visitors who would come to meet Sultan Abdul Aziz) and cleaned up after that. He helped his Murshid perform ablution, spread his prayer mat, mount and dismount him from horse and take care of all his medical and hospital visits.
Sultan Abdul Aziz would often travel to spread Faqr even in desert areas. However, not many areas had infrastructure facilities such as electricity and hence, had to bear the heat of the hottest months of Pakistan. Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali bought a fan with generator for his Murshid by selling his car. He never remained behind in sacrificing for his beloved spiritual guide. Later, he sold his new car to arrange enough amount that would help his Murshid build the shrine of Bahadur Ali Shah. Sultan ul Faqr 6th gifted a new car to his Murshid when he became unable to travel on horse due to his illness. He never refrained himself in going an extra step in service of his spiritual guide.
DIVINE TRUST OR AMANAT E FAQR:
On 11th April 1979, Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali visited the shrine of Bahadur Ali Shah with his brother Sultan Safdar Ali and Murshid Sultan Abdul Aziz. 2 days later on the evening of Friday of 13th April 1979 (Jumada al -awwal 14, 1399 Hijri), Sultan Abdul Aziz sat near the grave with Sultan Safdar Ali on his right and Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali on his left. Both pledged allegiance to him. He made Sultan Safdar Ali his junior spiritual successor by placing his turban on his head. Then he transferred the Divine Trust of Faqr to Sultan ul Faqr 6th Mohammad Asghar Ali by placing a new turban on his head.
After the demise of his Murshid, Sultan ul Faqr 6th started Divine guidance and persuasion by granting Ism e Allah Zaat in 1981. Sultan Abdul Aziz said, “No one, till doomsday, can hold Faqr the way my son Mohammad Asghar Ali will.”
SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI AS MURSHID:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali’s hallmark of guidance was based on Ism e Allah Zaat. He taught strengthening of soul via invocation and contemplation instead of seclusions or mystic exercises. He enlightened his disciples with his spiritual sight and attention by virtue of being Sultan ul Faqr 6th. He spiritually transformed his disciples into Mystics after purging their innerselves. He revolutionized the Muslim umma through his teachings which are inclined with Sunnah and reflect Quran and Hadith. Countless people gained beneficence from him because he enlightened humanity the way Prophet Mohammad did. Sultan ul Faqr 6th declared, “Preach Ism-e-Allah Zaat among masses and call them towards Allah as their betterment lies in it.”
The spiritual guides of Sarwari Qadri order after Sultan Bahoo granted the first stage of invocation of Ism e Allah Zaat اَللّٰہُ ھُو (Allahu Hoo). Sultan ul Faqr 6th revolutionized Faqr by granting the greatest invocation of یا ھو (Ya-Hoo) on the first day of allegiance to everyone without limiting it to selected seekers. He also gave gold Ism e Allah Zaat to elevated seekers of Allah.
ESTABLISHMENT OF ORGANIZATION BY SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali believed that instead of focusing on the outer aspects of religion, one must also nourish the soul to elevate spiritually. He was worried about Mohammad umma divided into sects and ignorance to the inner soul of worship. His quest was to enlighten seekers’ inwards through the light of Ism e Allah Zaat. Hence, to purge their innerself liberating them from spiritual diseases of greed, hatred, jealousy, envy, etc. Following the example of Prophet Mohammad, Sultan ul Faqr 6th set his target to bring people to light from darkness of sectarianism the way the Holy Prophet created Muslim society from the age of ignorance. Sultan ul Faqr 6th created an organization on 27th February 1989 with the name of Islahi Jamat. Later, Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman established Tehreek Dawat e Faqr on the same concept to continue the quest of Sultan ul Faqr 6th.
INITIATION OF MONTHLY MAGAZINE BY SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali wished a monthly magazine to be initiated so that seekers of Allah would be able to find the path of Faqr. In December 1999, Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman fulfilled his wish and published the first issue of monthly magazine in April 2000 by the name of Mirat ul Arifeen. Later Sultan Mohammad Najib renamed the monthly magazine to Mahnama Sultan ul Faqr based on the name of his beloved Murshid. Sultan ul Faqr 6th appointed him as its chief editor by the filial appellation of Abu Al Murtaza.
PUBLICATIONS OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
In 1994, Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali established publication department to start the system of spreading Faqr through books. He designated Saad Ameer Khan Niazi (late)as its supervisor. He published Ain ul Faqr of Sultan Bahoo as well as its Urdu translation done by Saad Ameer Khan Niazi. Kaleed-ul-Tauheed (Khurd, Kalan), Nur-ul-Huda (Kalan), Shams-ul-Arifeen and Majalisa-tul-Nabi and Sirat-ul-Saliheen (part one & two) were also published. In 2001, Sultan ul Faqr 6th gave the department charge to Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman. He published the following books:
- Guldasta Abyat o Taleemat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo
- Haqeeqat Ism e Allah Zaat
- Shan Sultan ul Faqr alongwithRisala Roohi Sharif
- Murshid Kamil Akmal
- Tareeqat kia hey?
- Abyat o Sawaneh Hayat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo
- Guldasta Abyat o Munajaat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Bahadur Ali Shah
Later, Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman published books by the name of Sultan ul Faqr Publications after the name of his beloved spiritual guide to carry the quest of his Murshid to spread Faqr.
SPIRITUAL BENEVOLENCE OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had a charismatic personality apart from his spiritual aura. Countless seekers of Allah succeeded in spiritual elevation owing to his spiritual beneficence. People from distant places would also visit him just to catch one glance and gain the bounty of Ism e Allah Zaat. His spiritual sight and attention cleansed their innerself. As Sultan Bahoo says:
یک زمانہ صحبت با اولیا
بہتر از صد سالہ طاعت بے ریا
Meaning: One moment in the company of Saints and Friends of Allah is better than hundred years of sincere worship.
ARRANGING ANNUAL EVENTS:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali held Mawlid of Prophet Mohammad throughout the year to increase love for the Holy Prophet among people. He knew that only the love for Prophet Mohammad can save one from the love of this material world. Thousands of people pledged allegiance to him in these sacred gatherings and received Ism e Allah Zaat. Sultan ul Faqr 6th made sure that the langar was grand to fill everyone’s appetite. Hamd, Naat and Manqabat were recited in honour of Allah, Prophet Mohammad and Saints of Allah.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF STATUS AS SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH:
It was during one such Mawlid in August 1997 in Uchhali Soon Sakesar valley, Khushab district, a dervish named Mohammad Ilyas (late) belonging to Chakwal came to stage. He read Risala Roohi Sharif of Sultan Bahoo and revealed that he has been ordered by Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani to inform everyone that Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali adorns the status of Sultan ul Faqr 6th. Later, many other disciples received similar inspiration and confirmed the news. His immense struggles to spread Faqr and conversion of seekers to Mystics also testifies his status as Sultan ul Faqr 6th.
GRANDEUR AND MORALS OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
The most devoted disciples or lovers of Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali would try to keep staring at his sacred countenance but the radiating theophanies would force them to lower their gaze. He was in line with the Hadith:
اِذَا رَاٰہُ ذُکِرَ اللّٰہَ
Meaning: When you see them, they remind you of Allah. (Hadith)
Despite his humble and soft nature, Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had an awe and majesty that no one dared to speak loudly infront of him. In a gathering of thousands of people, silence prevailed so that people could hear only him. Sultan ul Faqr 6th was immensely polite and displayed extreme mercy for the poor. He was known for forgiving and covering faults of his disciples. He honored his relationships with dignity and fulfilled all promises. Despite his grandeur, he was always the first to greet. He would hear out his disciples with utmost attention. Many great scholars, theologians, politicians, etc. would sit humbly in respect of Sultan ul Faqr 6th.
MIRACLES OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
There are numerous miracles of Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. His greatest miracle is that he converted many people into Mystics only by virtue of his spiritual attention. One notable miracle of Sultan ul Faqr 6th is related to Saad Ameer Khan Niazi. Sultan ul Faqr 6th commanded him to translate Sultan Bahoo’s work but he confessed that he does not know Persian language. However, by the beneficence of Sultan ul Faqr 6th, became a known translator of Sultan Bahoo’s books. Moreover, another disciple who was a butcher called Sufi Allah Dita became an orator and two other disciples (Haji Mohammad Nawaz and late Mohammad Anayatullah) gained knowledge in Quran and its exegesis by the grace of Sultan ul Faqr 6th although none of the 3 had any formal education. Furthermore, he took the chosen seekers to the Divine unity without any mystic exercises.
RELIGIOUS SCHOOL OF THOUGHT OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
The religious school of thought of Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali in Islamic law was of Imam Abu Hanifa. Although Sultan ul Faqr 6th respected all 4 schools of thought, he inclined more towards the Hanafi school of thought.
TEACHINGS OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI ON FAQR AND ISM E ALLAH ZAAT:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th teachings were the reflection of the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad and the message of Sultan Bahoo. In his quest was to spread them to the entire Muslim umma, he revealed on core points of Faqr. Some of Sultan ul Faqr 6th’s mystical quotes are given here:
- Faqris the real legacy of Prophet Mohammad. The heir of this legacy is his true heir.
- AlFaqris the path of ardent Divine love.
- Faqris actually the knowledge of vision of Allah and presence of Mohammadan Assembly.
- Faqris the greatest treasure of all the treasures of Allah and only Prophet Mohammad distributes it.
- Contemplation of Ism e Allah Zaatis the source of entire mystic knowledge. Its invocation and contemplation elevate the seeker to highest spiritual stations of Divine vision and presence of Mohammadan Assembly. No other invocation or devotional practice can grant these levels.
- Ism e Allah Zaatis the key to one’s soul.
- Ism e Allah Zaatis the greatest name of Allah i.e. the Ism e Azam. It affects only when seeker acquires it from the perfect spiritual guide who is the possessor of Divine secret.
- Ism-e-Zaat ‘Hoo’( ھُو ) is the Sultan ul Azkar i. king of invocations. The seeker who has become Hoo ( ھُو ) after annihilating in Hoo, is the sultan.
- Whoever wants to gain vision and recognition of Allah should first find the Sarwari Qadrispiritual guide. Then he should seek the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat from him.
TEACHINGS ON PERFECT SPIRITUAL GUIDE AND DIVINE LOVE:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th taught about perfect spiritual guide and divine love:
- Perfect spiritual guide shortens the path of Faqr and gets the distance of years covered in days. Whoever travels this path without spiritual guide goes astray and never reaches the destination throughout his life. A Hadith tells, “The person who does not have a Shaikh (spiritual guide) his Shaikh is Satan.”
- The company of perfect spiritual guide creates Divine love in the inward of seeker.
- Perfect spiritual guide of Sarwari Qadriorder is omnipresent and all powerful. However, the seeker ought to be sincere and true.
- The relation of soul and Allah is that of love. Divine love is present in the form of seed within a human being but is dormant. By invocation and contemplation of Ism e Allah Zaat, its inscribing practice on body and attention of spiritual guide, it becomes active.
- Divine love is fire which when enflamed, burns all other loves into ashes and envelops the existence of seeker.
- When lover of Allah reaches the peak of love, he becomes the beloved of Allah. The prayers of lover are invocation, meditation and vision of Allah. The seekers of world and hereafter cannot understand it.
- The person who does not believe in the vision of Allah is not true follower of Prophet Mohammad. He is unfortunate and is unaware of his own misfortune and depravity.
TEACHINGS ON SHARIA AND RENUNICATION OF WORLD:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th taught about sharia and renunciation of the world.
- Sharia means the collection of outward as well as inward knowledge of religion. Anyone who possesses only one kind of knowledge should not claim to be the possessor of sharia.
- I received every status by following sharia.
- Without following and practicing the sacred sharia completely, no one can attain any station of Faqr.
- The world is like a shadow. If you turn your back towards the sun, your shadow will come in front of you. If you run to catch your shadow it will run ahead and you will never be able to catch it. However, if you turn your back to your shadow and walk facing the sun, the shadow will run after you. Similarly, if you turn your back towards Allah and run after the world, you can never have it. Though if you walk towards Allah turning back from the world, it will run after you.
- Live in world as a wild duck lives in water. It does not drown even while living in water.
- Live in world as a boat floats on water. Consider the boat as your innerself and the water as world. The boat is safe unless the water enters it. When water enters the boat, it definitely sinks. Therefore, save yourself from the world and its love.
TEACHINGS ON SINCERITY AND SUBMISSION:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th taught about sincerity and submission:
- True intention and sincerity are very essential in the way of Truth. Acceptance of any good deed in the court of Allah depends upon degree of truthfulness and sincerity of the seeker. It is Hadith of Prophet Mohammad, “The intention of a faithful is better than his act.”
- The truthfulness and purity of intention in the path of Faqr make years’ journey covered in months.
- The core of Faqris to submit to the will of Allah in every condition. Whether it is calamity or ease, grief or comfort, illness or health, hunger or satiation, honour or humiliation. Only such submission is accepted and approved in the court of Allah.
- Only that person deserves to have vision of Allah who surrenders sincerely and truthfully to the will of Allah. Thus, when troubles and pains befall him, he faces them without any complaint.
- How could everything happen according to your wish when you are not even born out of your own choice!
TEACHINGS ON HUMILITY AND SACRIFICE:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th taught about humility and sacrifice:
- The person who comes in the court of Allah with humility never returns empty handed.
- The more a person is humble the more he is beloved in the court of Allah.
- Humility is the strongest shield in the path of Faqr which safeguards the seeker from satanic and sensual attacks.
- Path of Faqris the path of love and love demands sacrifice. Unless the seeker sacrifices his each and everything for the sake of Allah, he gains nothing. In this regard, the seeker should remember examples of sacred Companions about their sacrifice and loyalty with the Holy Prophet. These examples are the source of inspiration for every true seeker of Allah.
- Seeker should sacrifice his wealth, life and every possession to get the blessing of Faqr. Afterwards, he must not expect anything in exchange or worry about losing these things.
- The seekers, who have sacrificed everything for their spiritual guide, have attained the eternal life. They are living in the beautiful state of Divine love and spiritual intoxication.
FAMILY OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH SULTAN MOHAMMAD ASGHAR ALI:
Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was twice married. In 1979, he got married within in family and he had 3 sons and 2 daughters:
1-Sultan Mohammad Ali
2-Sultan Ahmad Ali
3- Ainee Bibi
4- Sultan Mohammad Bahadur Aziz
5- Fatimah Bibi
In 1997, Sultan ul Faqr 6th married Kausar Bibi on the spiritual order of Prophet Mohammad. She was a Mystic herself who gained spiritual beneficence from Sultan ul Faqr 6th and taught it to female disciples. She bore 2 daughters Ayesha Bibi and Khadija Bibi.
SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH:
In the system of Faqr, the Divine Trust is transferred on merit bass and not by virtue of blood relation. In the last 5 years of his life, Sultan ul Faqr 6th found his spiritual successor Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman. He pledged allegiance to Sultan ul Faqr 6th on 12th April 1998. Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman gave in to the slavery of his Murshid and followed his example of serving him. He sacrificed everything in his service and Sultan ul Faqr 6th gave him all his trust. On 28th February 2001, Sultan ul Faqr 6th went to Makkah with selected disciples, performed Hajj on 9th March and went to Madina on 18th March. It was on the 21st March 2001 that Sultan ul Faqr 6th presented Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman to the Mohammadan Assembly and gained approval as heir of Faqr receiving Divine Trust.
DEATH AND SHRINE OF SULTAN UL FAQR 6TH:
After Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali transferred Divine Trust, for 2 years he trained Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman as the next Shaikh of Sarwari Qadri order. On the Friday of 26th December 2003(Dhul al Qadah 2, 1424 Hijri), he passed away. Sultan ul Faqr 6th’s funeral prayer was held at shrine Sultan Bahoo crowded with devotees. He was buried on the right of his spiritual guide Sultan Abdul Aziz. The shrine is at a distance of half kilometer from darbar Sultan Bahoo Jhang Pakistan.
Sultan ul Faqr VI Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Hayat o Talimat written by Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman
Sultan ul Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings written by Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman translated by Yasmin Khurshid Malik Sarwari Qadri
Mujtaba Akhir Zamani written by Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman
The Spiritual Guides of Sarwari Qadri Order written by Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman translated by Ambreen Moghees Sarwari Qadri, Yasmin Khurshid Malik Sarwari Qadri, Neyn Tara Sarwari Qadri
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the 31st Shaikh of Sarwari Qadri order of Sultan ul Arifeen Sultan Bahoo. He is the spiritual successor of Sultan ul Faqr 6th Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali and the spiritual heir of Faqr of Prophet Mohammad. Among his countless contributions to the spread of Faqr, he is notable known for his Sufi books, Monthly magazine, websites and social media.
Please leave us a comment and hit the like button.